Tuesday 5 August 2014

Samosas from an Indian Food Truck


Last Winter, I was running errands in Toronto and had no time to stop and eat at a restaurant. In addition, I was unfamiliar with the area it was already 8pm so I didn’t know if there were any nearby food places open now.


© 2014 Vinay Bavdekar

In the distance I could see McDonald’s iconic yellow “M” so I thought I would stop by on my way until someone walked by me with a freshly baked samosa…and I love samosas! I couldn’t stop myself from asking the stranger where he bought it from but he very kindly directed me to the food truck just around the corner. I raced to the food truck and asked for 4 samosas right away. It was crispy on the outside and hot and spicy on the inside. Perfect for the winter weather! It was my first time ever seeing and eating from an Indian food truck but on that chilly day, I would’ve picked it over any gourmet food truck again and again.
What was your first experience with food trucks like?

No comments:

Post a Comment